So thank you to the lovely Jessie from Nailed It has given me a Liebster Award!
the Liebster Award is passed along to up and coming blogs with less than 200 followers to help them promote themselves and congratulate them on coming this far!"
Here's how it works:
1) The recipient must post 11 fun facts about themselves.
2) The recipient must also answer 11 questions created by the award giver.
3) The recipient must give the award to 11 new bloggers with less than 200 followers and post 11 questions for them to answer.
4) These 11 bloggers must be told they have been given the award.
5) They will in turn pass the award on to 11 new bloggers of their choice (no tagging back the award giver)
Eleven fun facts:
1. I have a BIG family – I’m number six out of eight.
2. I really love Disney movies – and don’t think I will ever stop. (they’re always perfect story lines, and totally the perfect length to sit and watch a movie)
3. Pizza and Ice-Cream are my favourite foods (not together, obviously)
4. I enjoy eating cucumber and chocolate (actually yes, together)
5. I have just finished re-watching ALL of Sabrina the teenage witch, and am a little bit excited for the rumoured movie!
6. Ever After and Never Been Kissed are my all time favourite movies.
7. My boyfriend is a horror movie buff – so now I’ve seen quite a few (of the weird un-Hollywood kind)
8. I live in New Zealand – but I was born in England. I call myself a Kiwi now.
9. I cannot wait to graduate!!!
10. I don’t want to be a stay at home mum – which works perfectly, because my boyfriend has hinted he’d like to be a stay at home dad some day.
11. Even when I’m 50 I’ll still paint my nails.
Questions for me from the lovely Jessie
1. When and why did you start blogging?
Gosh, I can’t even really remember – I think my first ever blog was in 2007 where I wrote about RANDOM things and did like an A-Z of my year… I remember doing one post on nail polish even back then. That blog has long ago been deleted.
I started agirlwithsomeclothes this year – mostly I think I started this because a) I had just got a new iPhone and was playing around on instagram, and wanted to show my non-instagram friends my cool photos; b) I had so many cool clothes I wanted to show off and I couldn’t be sending people pxts all day! and; c) pretty much the same but with my nails. (although I created agirlwithsomenailpolish only a few weeks ago)
2. How many bottles of nail polish do you own?
Well, I actually haven’t counted in a while. I suppose now is as good a time as any.
Hold on a minute….
91 bottles – not including top and base coats
16 nail strips and foils
3. What colour do you have the most of in your collection?
I probably have the most of nudes and pale browns/pinks and lots and lots of REDS!
4. What is your first memory of nail polish?
Well I don’t know if I have a first memory…
I do remember being quite young and me and my mum were sitting outside D.E.K.A (equivalent of Big W or K-Mart)and I’d just bought what must have been my first nail polish and she was teaching me how to paint my thumb, while waiting for dad to pick us up.
I also remember in primary school designing a box (I can’t remember for what subject) for pills you could take that would change the colour of your nail polish, literally no dry or applying time!
5. What do your friends/family think of your hobby?
I don’t know that they think about it much.
My boyfriend definitely gets the most trouble from it, and hates it when I paint my nails just before we go out as it means he has to help pack my bag and put my shoes on (I just can’t risk smudging my nails). His sister’s also seem to think it’s pretty cool.
6. What are your hobbies other than blogging?
SHOPPING! I mean that is a big one! Especially buying new nail polish and clothes.
I also like to read, watch TV, eat yummy food, cross-stitch and make jewellery and cards.
7. What’s your favourite nail polish colour?
My boyfriend will attest to this – Coral Me Wild by Revlon is my favourite, and the colour I choose to be buried in.
I also really really LOVE Navy Blue by Butter LONDON – but I have yet to add it to my collection as I can’t quite justify $30 on a 14ml nail polish.
8. What would be your dream polish?
I don’t know that I have a dream polish that doesn’t already exist. I know Jessie (At Nailed It) made reference to it already but I’d love to get my hands on some floam! (Ship it to NZ please!)
9. What is something you love but everyone else hates?
Miley Cyrus. Haha.
And probably nanna floral cardigans (well my boyfriend hates especially)
10. What nail trends do you love?
Definitely having a feature nail (or two)
I’m also really loving the new scale nails (I’m about to try some for myself right now actually) and geometric nails with different shapes and tape.
11. What nail trends do you hate?
I hate the whole having extra bits hanging off your nails (like beads and stones and stuff), as well as painting the skin around your nails to extend the design and definitely hate Duck Feet nails!
I’m also not a fan of shatter polish (but admit some people can totally rock it).
It just appears that all my bloggers have previously been tagged...
But I will be sharing any new bloggers I find with you as soon as I can.
For now, I hope you enjoyed the read.